Wednesday, July 19

I am off, at the request of one of my professors, to assist him at an up coming conference. It's very exciting. I'm very excited! I hope to hear some great lectures on one of my favourite subjects - Irish Literature.

As I know Yeats will be discussed at some length with great passion and committment, I will leave you with one of my favourite Yeats poems.


He wishes for the Cloths of Heaven


HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,

Enwrought with golden and silver light,

The blue and the dim and the dark cloths

Of night and light and the half-light,

I would spread the cloths under your feet:

But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams under your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.


W.B. Yeats (1865–1939). The Wind Among the Reeds. 1899.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

A beautiful love poem.

Have a great time! I do hope you'll share some thoughts on the conference when you return!

Wed July 19, 11:02:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Kim said...

Have a wonderful time!!

Fri July 21, 09:09:00 am 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

Thank you both!

It is a beautiful poem isn't it, Kim! I think it's gorgeous.

Sun July 23, 06:32:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home