Friday, August 4















It's pouring today! I love it. I love the sound of heavy rain on the roof. I love watching the fat drops of water bounce as they hit the ground. I love watching the fern fronds flutter and tremble in the wind as rain drops tickle their delicate tendrils. I love the smell of the rain, the swish, the roar as the rain falls heavier and heavier. I love the shimmer upon everything: so clean and lush and new. I love that I don't have to go anywhere today; that I can stay inside, warm, watching the falling rain play upon the leaves like a master pianist tinkling the keys on a beautiful piano while I listen, in awe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

I awoke this morning to rain rushing in the downspouts and the warm, earthy aroma of a heat wave giving way to a cleansing shower. Everything here is perking up--including me!

Fri Aug 04, 12:14:00 pm 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

I love waking to rain! AND I love it when rain breaks the heat. It's so refreshing it makes me want to run outside into the downpour. Sadly, I can't do that here: the rain is like ice!

I'm glad your perking up!

Fri Aug 04, 01:06:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Islandsparrow said...

I woke this morning to beautiful blue sunny skies and lovely clear air - humidity is gone (thank You Lord) and we are experiencing our usual summer weather - 24 degrees C with a light sea breeze. We've had quite a bit of rain in the last few weeks, although it has never lasted more than mid-morning - it's kept everything very lush and green.

Mon Aug 07, 06:51:00 am 2006  
Blogger Kim said...

When it rains in this house, it is very loud, because we have aluminum awnings on our windows. So, when it rains, it's very loud.

Mon Aug 07, 08:53:00 am 2006  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

I love rain, too. I'm so ready for fall and some rainy weather.

Thu Aug 10, 07:13:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home