Tuesday, January 9

While I have been away, Rebecca has declared that it is list month. Lacking words after being on holidays for a while, I thought I could just write a list of things I did on holidays thus updating you all on my adventures while taking part in a blog list fest. This way we're all winners. This list is called:

Things missmellifluous Did on Her Holidays

1) Got very sunburnt on an overcast day. Ouch!

2) Went for a run with sunstroke - I do not recommend this.

3) Swam in the beautiful salty sea!

4) Swam in clean fresh rivers.




5) Caught a tiny and very pretty Butterfish and threw it back, and an ugly big Flathead and ate it. Yum!

















6) Tried to ride my dad's longboard.















For the record, this is not me wiping out,
although I did many times, noone caught it on camera.

7) Got hit in the nose with my dad's longboard while trying to undo the leg rope to hand longboard over to brother.

8) Remembered, as my nose started to bleed after being hit with the longboard, that sharks like blood and would perhaps be attracted to our surfing refuge buy the scent of my seemingly copious amounts of blood.

9) Was too dazed to get out of the water.

10) Teased brother with the thought of sharks being attracted to blood!

11) Scared myself instead.

12) Consoled myself with the thought that the water was too cold for even the hungriest sharks to brave. Only stupid sufers would dare enter such icy waters.

13) Read books.

14) Bought books I didn't and perhaps will not read.

15) Saw and caught some of the tinniest, cutest little green frogs I've ever seen.

Look hard and you may see one too!


16) Contemplated stealing said frogs to release in my garden but abandoned the idea when I realised I was a long way from home without suitable frog housing, and remembered that I think it is illegal, but was not sure as the frogs were on private property...nevertheless decided not to risk it.

17) Got caught in a magnificent but freezing downpour on New Years Eve and ran home enjoying the exhilaration of the surprise storm.

18) Walked everywhere.

19) Became salt encrusted.

20) Beat my sister-in-law - the Monopoly champion - at Monopoly!

21) Watched Karate Kid 1 & 2 again, and 3 for the first time.
22) Saw many beautiful plants and animals.
23) Had a great time with my family.
24) Took quite a few photos. Not as many as usual because I spent a lot of my time in the water. I'll post more pics later.

25) Realised that I cannot live without salt on my skin and in my hair and sand under my feet. I need the salt sand wave!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic list!

Tue Jan 09, 05:05:00 pm 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time. A friend of mine just had her son return from a year and a half of schooling in Australia. He went to a teacher's college there which is affiliated with one here in Canada. He's a phys. ed. teacher now. I don't know as if he wanted to leave.

Tue Jan 09, 11:29:00 pm 2007  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Wow! What a great list!

Covetousness is a sin, isn't it? I better confess and repent now.

Wed Jan 10, 01:02:00 am 2007  
Blogger Islandsparrow said...

I'm with you - glad for the salt and sand and waves - equally glad though, there are NO sharks up here!

Wed Jan 10, 07:29:00 am 2007  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

Thanks, Radagast.

Kim, I hear that Canada is pretty good too though, Kim. I would love to visit Canada one day. When I was little Canada was my favourite country because I thought it had the best flag in the world. You have some pretty spectacular sights too.

Don't be covetous, Kim, just visit down under!

Island Sparrow, I can't believe you have no sharks! That is incredible. Wow.

Thu Jan 11, 10:53:00 am 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home