Friday, September 8

I hate that kids at school have to deal with really heavy issues and that I have to breach their confidence in order to help them out.
I love that they tell me so I can help them out!

I hate that married men think it is ok to hit on me. I hate that with a passion!
I love that there are some marriages that really work! I love fidelity.

I hate that I am labeled a MIWF!
There is nothing to love about that!

I hate that the world is so cut throat and people lie just to get ahead.
I love that some people risk their career and their happiness to maintain their integrity and tell the truth, no matter what the cost.

I hate that I can't trust some people, even though I really like them.
I love that I like people, even when I can't trust them.

I hate that I don't spend enough time in God's word to give sound advice all the time.
I love that I can recognise this and repent and read God's word and that He is gracious enough to continue to speak to me despite my lack of commitment to his word.

I hate that I have to be guarded with people for fear of being betrayed.
I love that I don't have to be guarded with everyone.

I hate that I long to relate to people on a real level but this rarely happens.
I love the rare moments when I can be real with someone.

I hate that sometime when I get home my children are already asleep and I have seen them for less than one hour in the whole day.
I love that I have children and they are so lovely and they leave me kisses under my pillow. I love that tomorrow is Saturday and I can be with them all day!

I hate that there is so much death and pain in the world.
I love that one day there will be no more pain: people will not die or get sick or live in pain or hurt each other or cry or lie or suffer.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

I hate to admit that I don't have any earthly idea what an MIWF is!

My heart resonates with you; both in the things that you hate and in the things that you love. And I, too, yearn for the day when we are gathered together in Christ in the heavenlies and all the sin and brokenness is healed and we will be like Him, for we shall be with Him.

We were made for another world.

Fri Sept 08, 09:54:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Islandsparrow said...

What a blessing that we can have those second perspectives - May the Lord bless and keep you and your little ones, and surround you with deep and real relationships.

Sat Sept 09, 03:07:00 am 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

No, no, Kim! You should LOVE to admit that you don't know what a MIWF is...only to understand why it is great that you don't know what it means, you would probably have to understand what it means. It's so great that you don't that I'm not going to explain what it is.

Hi Islandsparrow,
I began this list with a list "I hate" things from my week and felt really quite sad after seeing them all on the screen before me, thus the "I loves" emerged as a counter to the pure yuckiness of the "I hates." It is great to have the second perspectives. Imagine what the world, my heart and my life would be like if I stopped at the "I hates"! It would be pretty terrible.

I'm glad that you both understand my hates and loves. I love that you both understand!

Sat Sept 09, 08:27:00 am 2006  
Blogger Islandsparrow said...

I don't know what it is either...

Sat Sept 09, 08:45:00 am 2006  
Blogger Islandsparrow said...

gee i don't think it's the miami internation wine fair which is what google turned up...i feel a bit like pandora.

Sat Sept 09, 08:47:00 am 2006  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

OK, you don't need to explain what it means; I know that if you hate it, it can't be a label that fits you!

Here's a lable for you:

MissM:

thoughtful
ful of thought
passionate
compassionate
good friend.

IFPCG

Like that one any better? ; )

Sat Sept 09, 09:03:00 am 2006  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Oh, and I do know that full is spelled full, but I wanted to make a play on words. . .

Sat Sept 09, 09:04:00 am 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

Ha! Miami International Wine Fair is great, Islandsparrow! That's much better believe it or not! Your acronym is much better still, Kim. Thank you! and I like your play on words!

Sat Sept 09, 09:31:00 am 2006  
Blogger candy said...

I don't know what MIWF is either and am curious. I have a feeling that there are a few people who comment here that would love to relate on a real level too. Too bad we can't all get together for a cup of coffee.

Sun Sept 10, 03:15:00 am 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

Hi Candy! Great to hear from you! You're one of those real people.
Coffee would be great! Perhaps we can have a virtual coffee together some time...not quite the same I know.

I almost want to delete the MIWF thing because it is really very awful and I put it there to vent my fury from some comments I heard during the day. I think I spelt it wrong too as I didn't even know what it meant till someone explained it to me on Friday. Let's just say it's a school boy thing that should not be encouraged.

Sun Sept 10, 09:31:00 am 2006  
Blogger Kim said...

I hate that I have to be guarded with people for fear of being betrayed.
I love that I don't have to be guarded with everyone.


I like this one A LOT. I think you and I are quite alike in many ways.

Wed Sept 13, 02:07:00 am 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

I think so too, Kim.

Wed Sept 13, 07:29:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home