Saturday, September 16

When you are confronted with evil and corruption, what do you do?

How do you deal with it?

How do you treat the people who are acting in a corrupt manner and hurting others?

How do you feel towards them?

I once talked about this with a friend of mine and he was of the opinion that HATING was ok. In fact, he went as far to say that hating was godly. He backed it up with Biblical evidence based on how God responds to those who are evil and corrupt.

At the time I thought it abhorrent to hate people so much for the evil acts they commit. I thought, there is no way I could do that, after all if I hated someone for doing wrong I would be bringing judgement upon myself; for, I have done things wrong and tried to live a life independant of God myself.

Recently, I have had reason to contemplate these issues again. This time I have found myself verging - o.k. verging is an euphamisim - plunging headlong into pure hatred for people who commit terrible acts which hurt others. I hate them. Intensely. And I despise myself for doing it. Still I am physically sickened by the acts of some people and the way they abuse others and I find it really hard to contain my hatred. What do you do when you feel like this?

I am saddened to the very core of my being. Please pray. I need to be wise and act for justice and the protection of others. Please pray.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Of course, I'll pray!

Sat Sept 16, 08:37:00 pm 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

Thank you! It means so much.

Sat Sept 16, 08:42:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Me, too, MissM and I will think about your other questions in this post as well.

Sat Sept 16, 11:05:00 pm 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

Thank you, thank you to both prayer and thinking about answers.

Sat Sept 16, 11:09:00 pm 2006  
Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Still thinking and most importantly, still praying for you.

You ask some tough questions, you know that? I'll be posting up my answers either here or in email soon.

Sun Sept 17, 10:10:00 pm 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

It's never simple is it?

Thank you for prayers! Thank you thank you for thoughts, care and friendship! oh! and your wisdom.

Mon Sept 18, 06:52:00 am 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home