Monday, October 2


Why every time I have to write an essay do I feel incredibly sleepy?
I am so distracted from study. I have four weeks to go to complete my degree and then I am done! I have received really good results up till now and just have to keep going and get through the last four assignments maintaining my average so I can graduate with distinction. But I can't get there! I am soooo tired. I worked through my holiday to earn money and finish off jobs at my internship and now I feel like I could sleep anywhere. Up until now I have thought I would go on and study for another year after this one to obtain honours but now the thought of further study is so hard. I love study but another year?! And if I did honours and did well I would be so tempted to take up the invitation some of my professors have offered me to study PhD under their supervision. I am distracted. The sun is warm, summer is creeping in, I want to be outside and I want my degree to be over so I can prepare my CV for job applications. But then I hate the idea of saying goodbye to study. I am distracted by the many decisions I need to be making soon and can't seem to focus on the finish line ahead.
I'm sleepy.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

How's this for some advice:

Pray about it, then sleep on it!

: D

hehehe

Mon Oct 02, 09:38:00 pm 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, when I'm sleepy I just don't concentrate at all!

I hope you get this all finished, and that you feel energized after it's done!

Mon Oct 02, 09:42:00 pm 2006  
Blogger candy said...

In the Boston marathon, there is a point called Heartbreak Hill. It is the last push and it is a hill and it is when strength is all depleted. To get over Heartbreak Hill and to complete the marathon, and to not give up is the rub. If you don't get over Heartbreak Hill, hey, you got to run in the Boston Marathon...quite the elite marathon to qualify for. But....if you do get over Heartbreak Hill and finish with a respectable time....you are sooooooo hyped at the end (after you fall on the ground in exhaustion). Just a thought.

Tue Oct 03, 08:45:00 am 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

Very funny, Kim from H! While you laugh Kim understands!

Re Candy's thoughts:
Ah yes, we have a Heartbreak Hill in our City to Surf marathon in Sydney. It sorts the athletes from the leisure runners.

Great advice, Candy. I'm going for the finish line... and I aim to finish well. Then I'll crash with much elation.

For now I'll reword Dory's mantra, "Just keep running, just keep running, just keep running..."

This morning I have heaps more energy - perhaps due to sleep or the two cups of coffee I've had with breakfast - and I am now 800 words off finishing my essay! I could finish in 400 but I'll probably need 800. So, I'm almost there. Then I can move onto the next assignment.

Thanks for your encouragement, Kim, Kim and Candy!

Tue Oct 03, 09:51:00 am 2006  
Blogger Annette said...

MissM....Wake up! you have work to do! :) Just four more weeks! Yeah. Won't be long and you'll be all done...and then the real fun starts. :) Finish well

Sat Oct 07, 12:25:00 pm 2006  
Blogger missmellifluous said...

HI Annette, Would you believe I read your comment just as I was deciding what I was going to do with the rest of the afternoon - uni work or cv...or perhaps a little time in the hammock or on the computer. It is a difficult question to answer onn a saturday afternoon. Argh! So, after reading your comment I'm choosing uni work. Thanks for the butt kick!

One assignment down three more to go. The end is near.

Sat Oct 07, 03:30:00 pm 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home